Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am PISSED *rant*

So I order a rebuild kit for my rear calipers sourced from a GL-10 parts car from 1stsubaruparts.com (local dealer doesn't have it, costly to order) I tell them the car is an 88 wagon (which it was) so I know I'll get the right part..so they tell me they gotta order it from Japan so it'll take a while..meh I can live with that..then they tell me it'll cost 50 bucks to ship to Barbados..WTF?? how does something that can fit in an envelope cost 50 bucks to ship anywhere on this planet?? Anyway I ask if they can ship it to a skybox in Miami and they say 'yes' around 4 bucks..priority mail..so I place the order fine now I just gotta wait...

ffwd a month and my parts arrive! yay! working back brakes! so I jack up my car remove the wheels take off a back caliper, take it apart and hold the parts next to the rebuild kit..wrong @#@!ing kit it is 2 small!! WTF? so I take the part number insert it into 1stsubaruparts.com's part lookup and sure enough it matches up to an 88 wagon,coupe etc...but it is the WRONG part! Now only thing I can figure is they mixed up which kit is bigger and which is smaller needless to say I AM PISSED!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

btw part number for the kit they sent is: 725191120

There are only one size rear disc brakes in the GL/Loyale series cars. The rubber O-rings will appear smaller until they are installed. What else doesn't look right?

As far as the shipping goes. I recently bought a couple items from outside of the US. Shipping seems a bit high from everywhere in my opinion.

well all I can tell you is this kit they sent DOES NOT fit the calipers from this GL-10 the rubber piston seal is too small so is the dust boot you have 2 stretch the piston seal to get it to fit around the piston I've NEVER seen a piston seal that was that tight around the caliper piston outside the caliper. The dust boot didn't even fill the grove in the piston where it's supposed 2 seat, the piston seal didn't fill the groove in the caliper body it is about 3-4mm 2 small in diameter..you can't even force it to fit as it's well near impossible 2 stretch the piston seal in it's caliper groove while pushing the piston in ..the seal blocks the piston and there is no room 2 stick anything in there 2 stretch it open..this is the wrong part..this isn't suprising to me as drum equiped vehicles have different sized wheel cylinders between sedans and wagons (with the wagon being bigger) I have verified that this is true as well for disc equiped vehicles check your local dealers parts book and you'll see that this is true..even 1stsubaruparts.com has two listings for this overhall kit what I think happened is they have the smaller kit coressponding to the 'bigger' vehicle and vice-versa instead of how it should be..I'd take pictures but unfortunately I had 2 reassemble the %$#ing calipers with the leaky seals cause I need my car..these calipers were only worked on 2 change pads they are the stock gl-10 calipers labelled tokico (hitachi) model 7T...

I wish I had written down the correct part numbers when I looked through the part books..then I'da known it was the wrong part before I opened the kit...still PISSED:mad: :mad::banghead: