Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
torque binding issue
Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:35 AM
1) is this a huge problem that i need to immediately have checked out. is my transmission about to go? is it safe to drive the car?
2) when changing the fluid, do you have any recommendations, like fluid to use (weight etc..,) and how to flush. i have read some say that power flushing is bad. also, whats the additive to use (name,brand etc..) that other posts have mentioned. is it worth changing the fluid? mine looks very clean as is.
3) i have read that the clutch packs going bad are what create torque binding, how big of a job would it be to replace these myself?
4) when i bought the car, i wasnt planning on doing mods or upgrades, just change the oil and drive daily 15 miles to work. is this torque bind something that i may be able to deal with through the life of the car, or is it something that will progressively get worse over time? i really dont want to dump money into it if its not really a big issue. like i said, the transmission shifts smooth , and the car drives and runs very good.
if you have read this far, i gotta give you props!! :disco:
if you could help me out by passing on some advice, that would be greatly appreciated. links, advice, pics, anything! thanks alot, jason. email@example.com
Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:26 AM
Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:20 PM
I personally recommend drain/refil thre trans fluid repeatedly every few days for a total of 3-5 times...rather than a power flush. Others would disagree.
Rest of info you need can be found under "torque bind" search.
It may be cheap and easy to fix...but absolutely you need to try and fix it, otherwise you will damage the tranny. Try tire and fluid fixes first...more info under "torque bind"
Sorry you were given such poor information elsewhere.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users