Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone have parts books???

Thanks for that info Paul. I usually get taken care of at the local dealer but today there was a kid at the counter who didn't strike me as the intrepid parts swapping type. He failed to instantly recognize the destroyed gear and shaft I set on his counter, even though it's the most common failure in Sube history after timing belts, cam seals and CVs. He did offer to knock the price down a bit but $400 for the gears , 1 seal and the 10 cent ball bearing I dropped on the shop floor still made my heart skip a beat :)

I found a tranny locally today from a wrecked 93 w 111K. Governor gear and reduction shaft gear are in perfect condition, fluids clean and nothing but a little fine gray film on the diff magnetic drain plug(no chunks). I got it cleaned up and did the "best parts go here" gig. I'm going to keep the diff section from the first tranny I bought and put it together with the rebuilt tranny section that was originally on the car, assuming I find the reduction gear. There may be hope for that since the car I just bought slips starting out and goes fine at highway speed. I'm hoping it has a good reduc and gov in it. The leftovers go back to the salvage yard for refund. In any case thanks for the good answers.

SVXPERT, was that interchange only for the 89-90 or does it go all the way up to 94?

Thanks, Brad