Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

aftermarket (summit racing) fuel pump issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,657 posts
  • WV

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:49 PM

anyone ever install a summit racing fuel pump?

i bought the same one that myphalyx has on his XT6 and i could not get it to work. everything works fine with my old 220,000 mile original fuel pump, but when i try to install the summit pump it acts goofy. seems straight forward even fit into the stock fuel pump bracket with almost no effort.

i tried giving it power directly and it didnt' seem to work very consistently, mostly didn't work at all though i do recall it pumping once or twice when i had it wired directly with 12 volts.

i'll have to give it another try for specifics but has anyone gotten this to work? any idea what resistance should or shouldn't be between the terrminals?

IT'S TWO WIRES AND A PUMP, HOW HARD CAN IT BE!! pardon the caps...

#2 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:37 AM

It's two wires, a pump, and a relay ;)

Arch used the Ford fuel pump conversion for his ER27. Shoot him a PM about this; he should be able to tell you how he properly wired it up to the wire harness so the ECU controls the pump. It's not just wired hot off the battery or ignition circut.

#3 grossgary

grossgary

• Members
  • 19,657 posts
  • WV

Posted 29 July 2005 - 05:27 PM

the relay is ruled out since the stock pump works fine. everything goes sour when the pump is installed so in my case it's just two wires and a pump. i'm getting another summit pump and if that doesn't work i'll go the Ford route.

#4 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:47 AM

you sure the pump is good

#5 grossgary

grossgary

• Members
  • 19,657 posts
  • WV

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:15 AM

nah i'm not. i'm going to test the old one once more just to make sure then i'm getting another shipped to me next week.

this is from memory but i think the pump worked with very thick gauge wires from the battery (like jumper cables), but if i used thin wires it wouldn't do anything. so i guess that's why it wouldn't work on the car, thin wires throughout. any electrical guru's know what that means?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users