Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thinking about changing the waterpump as a preventive maintance. Is the OEM WP the only one you trust to use. I was wandering about buying a WP from Japanparts as i assume it´s cheaper. And also what seals should i replace on the engine. Is it the camseals, crankshaft, oilpump 0-ring, valve covers. What am i forgetting?

Thinking about changing the waterpump as a preventive maintance. Is the OEM WP the only one you trust to use. I was wandering about buying a WP from Japanparts as i assume it´s cheaper. And also what seals should i replace on the engine. Is it the camseals, crankshaft, oilpump 0-ring, valve covers. What am i forgetting?

I would stick with OEM parts especially for these pieces considering you have so much labor involved in the r&r.

I would also change the timing belts if you are doing all the rest. Also tighten up the oil pump and locktight the screws.

Yes i changed the timing belt recently but didn´t think about the other subsystems, such as the oil and waterpump:-\. What about changing the fuel filter, OEM or Japanparts?

I am not sure if a EOM filter is better than others, but I stay away from consumer grade Fram types myself.