Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ER27 into brat?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brumby Boy

Brumby Boy

ozzy subaru nut

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • Tsvl, QLD, Australia

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:07 AM

I have been pondering the idea of putting the ER27 into my brumby/brat ever since i saw subarubrats brat, however i was woundering if i could do it without a lift, is there going to be enough room to fit the rad between the engine and bonnet without the lift? or would i have to "adjust":rolleyes: the bonnet?

#2 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:56 AM

Not too sure on that one.You may just have to put a big WRX or STI scoop on there to make more room.Just kidding.I really think it would fit just may be a squeeze up near the front.:)

#3 Gravityman

Gravityman

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!

• Members
  • 647 posts
  • Goldsboro

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:47 AM

I am almost positive that you will need to put at least a 3 inch lift on if you plan on putting a rad on top of the engine. As it stands the ER27 is already taller then my EA81 and the EA82. So just the ER27 swap in will be a tight fit. With the TMR you also have to add the length of the hoses into the rad. I would say 3in min with the top mount radiator (TMR) but I belive that subarubrat started with a 6" lift.

#4 Brumby Boy

Brumby Boy

ozzy subaru nut

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • Tsvl, QLD, Australia

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:24 AM

yeah i was just curious, i was thinking that i would have to get my lift or get a huge bonnet hump then a scoop n that would look rediculas

#5 joostvdw

joostvdw

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • Holland

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:23 PM

maybe you can place the rad in the back of the brat? with some protective bars and so over it?

#6 subarubrat

subarubrat

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • Bealeton, VA

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:18 PM

One fellow in Oz did just that and it came out nice. I don't know if the ER27 would fit without lift but I suspect it might. With a 6 inch body lift the ER27 fit in mine with enough room to handle the radiator.

#7 ThreeEyedBandit

ThreeEyedBandit

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Central Point Or

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:50 PM

In my 84 wagon I had no lift with the radiato on top of the engine, it did fit but was really close to the engine. So then it went in front of the it all, but looked funny, so now it is going to the back.

Matt

#8 Brumby Boy

Brumby Boy

ozzy subaru nut

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • Tsvl, QLD, Australia

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:00 AM

yeah well if i get this 2nd brumby i might be able to play with it to see what i can get?:brow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users