Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi folks!

I am planning on purchasing a Subaru 4wd Wagon of some sort. Spending about $4500 US ($10,000 Australian). That is all i know. I am a complete beginner with Subs.

So i've got a few questions:

1) Can anyone direct me towards a Subaru faq or some document or web page that identifies all the different models (preferably with photos). At this stage it looks like my budget will only allow me to get a 1994 or 95 model.

2) Where can i get advice on which model to buy? Things to look out for? Expert advice on buying such a car?

Thanks in advance!!!

Tom

The best advice I can give is to look around on the forum. You will see tons of opinions and experiences with all sorts of models. For the year you are looking for, your best bet might be an Impreza (Aussie model name ???) or a Liberty. I have a 91 Liberty/Legacy, and love the thing to death. Try to avoid the 2.5L engines, it seems like they are nothing but trouble for the 1995 model year. I have had good experiences with the 2.2L engine in my Subaru (engine code EJ22). That's my take on the subject. Welcome to the forum and Good luck with finding your Scoob!

ScoobySchmitty:banana:

Do a google search for "Joe Spitz Subaru" He is a dealer/sales person in Seattle and maintains a Subaru archive of the specs of the Legacies. I don't think there are pics but the rest of the specs are there. One thing though, Oz models may be different than US ones