Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

UPDATE! custom sub box for 79 brat... finished! *pics*

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:26 AM

ya i finally carpeted it today... its not nice... but its not bad either... tell me what you think...

its a 12" sub...

(sorry if it turns out to big...)

what you all think?

Posted Image

UDATED PART!!!

for christmas i got some alpine 6x9 speakers... really fills out the sound!!!(along with the space behind my seats:-p )

although the carpet for the boxes don't match, they were on sale... so i couldn't pass them up.... really tight fit...

Posted Image

so i think i've managed to get the most audio equipment into a gen 1 brat then anybody i've seen...:-p

what do you guys got in your brats??? (no wagons or the like! its to easy:-p )

#2 Subieguy

Subieguy

Subaru on the brain!

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Paso Robles, California

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:32 AM

Looks good! You should put a grill over the speaker though just to keep it from getting damaged by a stray elbow or something. But otherwise sweet!:cool:

#3 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:36 AM

i've actually been running it like that for a long time... i've had no problems with elbows...

i was kinda worried about that myself... but there is NO room... i looked into getting a grill...i have the seats the whole way back...(or really darn close...)

i'm 5'11" and its confortable for me to drive...

lol... to celebrate its completion me and my buddy went joyriding with "a night at the roxbury" tunes cranked... lol... its so hard to keep a straight face while stuff like thats playing...

#4 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,734 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:20 AM

Nice ! Gen 1 BRATs are a bear to install good sound in!!

#5 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:33 PM

looks professional, i love it:D that must be plenty of sound for a brat:rolleyes: are you running the original alt.?

#6 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:56 PM

do you have it centered between the seat backs?
Posted Image
what's that metal piece,the sub looks pretty close to it.i'd be worried about the sub hitting it if the sub moves out hard.(unless they don't move much?)

it does look good though.

#7 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:00 PM

it looks like its in the center cab, and that is the plastic center console touching it

#8 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:20 PM

it looks like its in the center cab, and that is the plastic center console touching it

ok,at first it looked metal.not to knowledged in the subies that are of that year.

#9 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:01 PM

75subie

looks professional, i love it:D that must be plenty of sound for a brat:rolleyes: are you running the original alt.?

pleanty of sound! and i am running the original alt... i'm only running a 150W RMS system using a pioneer 2 channel amp that is bridged...

and i had to trim the center consol a little bit... so it didn't rub... this sub doesn't move as much as a bigger sub...and the trim on the sub is quite large...

and it is centered inbetween the seats... i tried to center it as well as i could... but its pretty darn close...

Posted Image

#10 waimaks

waimaks

Hey Boe!

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • NZ

Posted 20 December 2005 - 02:13 AM

Woo! Nice job, I'm in the process of trying to put just a stereo in my Brat and can see just how hard that would've been.

#11 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:45 AM

first post is updated... bump:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users