Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

help for modification

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chittagongz_fynest

chittagongz_fynest

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Chittagong

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:09 PM

hi im a new member here..
im lookin for a 2003 "subaru impreza wrx sti" 2.0 litre engine for my 2003 1.6 litre subaru impreza, is it possible to install a 2.0 sti engine in a 1.6 litre impreza? I want to convert my 1.6 litre Saloon Impreza to a "impreza sti"..and if it is possible...then what are the steps required?

#2 ballitch

ballitch

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Salem, OR

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:55 PM

you want the 2.0 litre sti motor? isnt that a 2.5 litre after a certain year? but knowing the good ole' U.S.A, we got the shaft on that also. do you have a right hand drive car? if so, you could buy a front clip off of ebay for a grand and a half and there is all the stuff you need right there for this swap.

~Josh~

#3 chittagongz_fynest

chittagongz_fynest

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Chittagong

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:13 AM

i have a rhd car , jdm impreza sti's are 2.0 litre, i tried ebay,i didnt find anything in ebay for 03,04 impreza. i need more information if the package includes gearbox,ecu,intercooler,turbo and stuff. I need detail information on the swap,i'd be thankful if you could give me the information vividly.

you want the 2.0 litre sti motor? isnt that a 2.5 litre after a certain year? but knowing the good ole' U.S.A, we got the shaft on that also. do you have a right hand drive car? if so, you could buy a front clip off of ebay for a grand and a half and there is all the stuff you need right there for this swap.

~Josh~

#4 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,747 posts
  • WV

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:57 AM

i have never seen any information posted on this board about a 1.6 liter subaru motor, you might be hard pressed to get much information about it. didn't they make 1.6 liter motors in the 1970's or something? i'm confused.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users