Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Front window seal

I asked once before but have not been able to figure it out but... My front drivers side power window (89 GL Touring Wagon) does not seal correctly when closed. I have replaced the weather strip twice but no luck. I pulled off the door panel and found two adjusting brakets that are used to stop the window on it's way up. My problem is that I have not been able to get them correct. The window either lets in wind noise when closed or rests on top of the gasket so that the rear of the glass is away from the seal. I have played with this more times than I can count as it has become a bit of a quest. I got it so that I get a pretty good seal when I close the door with the window up already, but if I open and close the window when the door is closed, I lose the seal. I REALLY don't want to pay $70.00 an hour for a Subaru dealer to fix it but winter is comming and it's my wifes car so... Anyone have any ideas or experience with this particular problem? Anyone know the "Secret" to adjusting the stops? Thanks for any advice, it's very appreciated.

I've got a similar problem I am about to tackle. I recently got the Haynes manual and they show something like 4, 5 or 6 adjusting screws, I can't remember. Screws for up/down, forward/back, camber? and a couple other angles. It might give you a better idea. Buy a Haynes cheap from Half.com