Ultimate Subaru Message Board

suspension (air) code read outs(?)

Can not find the thread. Quite some time ago I saw a thread here on air suspension code read outs. I was thinking that at least one of my rear struts had sprung a major leak. Now, I'm thinking this may not totally be the case. Does anyone know if an 89 XT-6 with air suspension is capable of reading out the codes some way? If so, how is it done? Then, what do the codes mean. I remember that some do, some don't and even perhaps an older vehical may have the newer CPU installed? Any insite on this would be appreciated.

the ECU on the rear deck underside to the passener side of the sparetire. has the LED for engine codes.

It also does the air ride code ? Or maybe I'm thinking of the Wagon's ECU. SOrry, just this second i realized I'm not sure which car's setup will do the codes.

The technique in one involves the turning of the ignition on with the code test pluged in and then cycling off the ignition for like 10 seconds....

if you can wait a couple day's i;'ll be able to look it up in the FSM's and give a page reference AND hopefully a brief reference to the test.... unless someone else is faster.

gezzz sorry to get your hopes up.... right off the bat.

Hey, I drive an air suspension Subaru. I'm used to that. LOL

Thanks and I'll watch for future posts.

I'm thinking my air compressor is acting up. It may not be starting itself up all the time when it's supposed to. I hear some clunking sounds up there and see the lights dimming in beat with those clunks. Bright, clunk, dim, bright, clunk, dim.......

Still interested in the code readouts, even if the ECU does not do this suspension. I have something engine related going on too.

Thanks again.

For some reason - I can quite put my finger on it but - I can't find what I was looking for in the FSM's.

There was a section on testing the hight control system with the use of the ingition and the switch on the dash. How ever that would intuit that its for the Sedan and Wagon models of GL-10 only and not for the XT6 unless your in Canada :>) - for they are the only country where they put the hight button in the XT6's with air ride suspensuions.

The technique was to put switch in normal mode then wait for it to level out with the ingition is full on(just not running) position wait something like 10 seocnds and then turn ignition off

then push in the hieght switch and turn ignition back on.

wiat 10 seconds then turn off ignition again

then push swtich one last time and then turn on the ignition wait till 10 more seconds then reboot.

Something about this allows me to see it blink (the LED on the

engine MPFI box) to blink at a significantly