Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Which Motor would the experts use(DR RX, wjm,??)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tailgatewagon

tailgatewagon

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Bozeman, MT

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:06 AM

if you were going to do a turbo swap into a ea81 body style? lets say a turbo coupe?

this will require me saving for a couple of years while im going to a&p School.(airframe and powerplant) anyway id like to do a ej somthing turbo swap.

i would like to spend no more then 4-5k for the swap in parts(front cut, wreck type of thing.) of course it would probably take another 1000 in things like gaskets, exhost, clutch, axles,

anyway what would be the ideal years and should i find a wrecked wrxsti or a jap import. i can porbably get a us wrx for 3k or so wrecked... but i like the idea of haveing the jap spec motor...

thanks in advance for all the help... and input.....

#2 suberdave

suberdave

www.suberdave.com

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • Covington

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:12 AM

i did an EJ20G from a JDM 96 STI, bought the whole front clip.

after the price of the clip, the car, new wheels and tires, exhaust, and other stuff i am in the whole thing less than $3500. could have done it for less, but i bought "NEW" 17" wheels and tires.

the trick is "get a good deal on a compleet front clip"

-=Suberdave=-
www.suberdave.com

#3 Dr. RX

Dr. RX

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 9,984 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:37 AM

You can't do that!!! Mainly because that was to be my next project. :lol: I agree with Dave, if you are willing to tackle the problems and have the skills needed, bringing it in under $4,000 is easy.

#4 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:46 AM

this will require me saving for a couple of years while im going to a&p School.(airframe and powerplant) anyway id like to do a ej somthing turbo swap.

Where are you going to A&P school?I went to school for that as well.

#5 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:33 AM

here ya go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

#6 tailgatewagon

tailgatewagon

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Bozeman, MT

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:28 AM

You can't do that!!! Mainly because that was to be my next project. :lol: I agree with Dave, if you are willing to tackle the problems and have the skills needed, bringing it in under $4,000 is easy.

im shure you will finish before me(probably be started before me as well) anyway bringing it in under 4K sounds nice... now to start saving money........:headbang:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users