Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Thurston Co ORV Park to reopen as Straddleline

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 heep70

heep70

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Bonney Lake

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

I don't know if you folks are keeping up with this or not, but here is some cool news. I pulled this of the SNORT board.

Thurston Co ORV Park to reopen as Straddleline?

The Interagency Committee for Outdoor Recreation (IAC) is formulating a business plan to reopen and operate the ORV park located on the boundary line between Thurston and Grays Harbor counties in the state of Washington, now named Straddleline ORV Park. You may recall Thurston County operated the park for many years, then closed it in 2002. Grays Harbor County has been working to reopen the park with funding assistance from the NOVA program.

In September 2005, the IAC board adopted Resolution 2005-23, which reads in part: "the Interagency Committee for Outdoor Recreation, approves a one-time non-competitive grant (to Grays Harbor County) of up to $424,000 in a three-tier funding strategy: 1) up to $59,000 for initial operating costs to satisfy legal nonconforming use permit requirements, 2) up to $15,000 for completion of a professional facility condition survey, business plan, and exit strategy, and 3) up to $350,000 for development and maintenance of the facility for two years once IAC approves the proposed business plan and exit strategy."

Grays Harbor County, with the help of volunteers and user groups, has successfully satisfied the requirements to preserve the special use permit! In addition, they worked with the Grays Harbor Council of Governments to prepare a draft business plan, which was made available to the public on January 23, 2006, and can be viewed online at their Website http://www.co.grays-...sinessPlan.html

The county has scheduled a hearing to review public comment on the draft plan on Monday, February 6, 2006. For more information on the public hearing, see http://www.co.grays-...ing20060206.pdf. The IAC board will review the draft plan at their February 3, 2006 meeting in Olympia and consider whether to release the final $350,000 in funding. Because this date is prior to formal adoption by the county, you are encouraged to submit any comments you want the IAC board to consider directly to IAC at KammieB@iac.wa.gov or fax to 360-902-3026.

#2 Jibs

Jibs

Wonder Triplets Activate

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
  • Reno

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:40 PM

That's awesome. I remember that WCSS3 was held there, maybe wcss9 will be there?:brow: Good news.

#3 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

Subaru Sober since 2010 :(

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:31 AM

Definatly good news. That place was too good to be true, let alone shut down. I do hope we can have another WCSS there, part 3 has yet to be beat (in my eyes).

-Brian

#4 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:53 AM

:burnout: Wow that would be awsum if they opened back that park. It's only about a hour from my front door :grin: sounds like a wcss9 in the making

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users