Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Heated Seats

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 abeauch

abeauch

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Essex Ctr., Vt

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:54 AM

I was wondering if someone could give me an idea what to look for in terms of wiring and connector colors underneath the heated seats. I have a 98 OB that had the seats replaced due to water damage but dont appear to be connected to the switches. I do have wiring under the seats and I do have one connector(blue)under the console that mates up with one switch. I'm beginning to think (the carpeting was replaced also) that whoever did the installation of the seats never ran the cabling properly. Also my wiper motor which wasn't working decided to start running(no wiper movent) on its own with the switch turned off! I've disconnected it for now. Looks like I need a new wiper motor. Thanks for the help.

#2 gbhrps

gbhrps

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 832 posts
  • canada

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:03 PM

abeauch,
Its been awhile since I pulled the seat heater switches from my OBW to replace a bulb in one of them. I can't recall if the plugs to the 2 switches were the same configuration or not. If they were, is it possible that you have hooked up the seat heater switch to the incorrect seat, meaning that you turned on the passenger's seat heater? Unless there was a passenger in the seat, you wouldn't know it was on. All of the wiring plugs and connectors are designed so that they can only plug into the switch or unit that they are supposed to run. You can't normally connect them up incorrectly. If you only can see one wiring harness plug under the console for the switches to connect to, the other seat's harness plug must be up under your newly installed carpet somewhere. You'll have to pull out the seats to find it, and may even have to remove part of the centre console as well. The seats are just in with four bolts, and there should be only one wiring harness plug under the passenger seat (for the seat heater), and at least 2 under the driver's seat (one or two for the power seat, whether you have that option or not, and one for the seat heater). As for your wiper motor, I don't have an answer for you on that one. Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users