Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ea82>ea82t

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Skatedownpdx

Skatedownpdx

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • portland

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:28 PM

i was looking at ea82t's for a swap in my 91 loyale with a standard ea82. would that be a straight swap? with not mush problems. basically im asking if the turbo will work/fit

#2 Skatedownpdx

Skatedownpdx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • portland

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

also i heard that seats from a late model xt will bolt in, is there any other seats that will or has anyone doe a seat swap

#3 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:49 PM

i was looking at ea82t's for a swap in my 91 loyale with a standard ea82. would that be a straight swap? with not mush problems. basically im asking if the turbo will work/fit

Short answer: No

Long answer: If you really wanted to, yes, but you'll basically need a whole donor front clip or car. Just swapping the turbo to your block isn't a reliable solution as your engine is 9.5:1 comp, and the turbo is 7.7:1. Different pistons. Different heads, and different intake. Not to mention the entire wireing harness for the engine and the computer for it....

As for seats - swap anyting you like - just have to weld up your car's mounting rails. I've seen anything from legacy, to toyota MR2, to izuzu. XT and XT6 are possible too, but consider that there are LOTS of seats out there besides Subaru's.

GD

#4 Skatedownpdx

Skatedownpdx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • portland

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:52 PM

i wanted to swap the whole engine with a JDM engine

#5 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:00 PM

Still need the entire wireing harness and computer - will also have to fab a new exhaust as it may not come with the downpipe. It will phisically fit in the car - but so would an EJ22, and for the cost of the EJ22 + adaptor plate and drilled flywheel you would get a decent 135 HP instead of the rather wimpy 115 HP of the EA82T. Plus a decent used EJ22 would cost less than a JDM EA82T and all the wireing.

GD

#6 Skatedownpdx

Skatedownpdx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • portland

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:04 PM

would the ej22 bolt in to the mounts without fabrication?

#7 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:07 PM

would the ej22 bolt in to the mounts without fabrication?

Yes - the mount holes in the cross member need to be slotted about 3/4" wider. Easily done with a file or dremel tool. Other than that, it's pretty simple..... not any harder than converting to a turbo would be anyway. Mostly wireing.

GD

#8 Skatedownpdx

Skatedownpdx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • portland

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

would i need the radiator from the ej22 also? also my first swap so i dont wanna get in over my head or out of a car for too long

#9 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:13 PM

would i need the radiator from the ej22 also? also my first swap so i dont wanna get in over my head or out of a car for too long

First swap - expect to be out a car for at least 2 weeks to a month.

Radiator in your car should work fine - as long as it's in good shape. EJ22 works fine with EA series radiators.

GD

#10 Skatedownpdx

Skatedownpdx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • portland

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:30 PM

hmm what about a ej22t?

#11 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:56 PM

Heh - good luck finding one. But yes - same as swapping any other EJ into an EA chassis. BTW - they are only 165 HP stock. Would be easier to find a JDM WRX front clip and put that in ~280 HP.

I've always thought a nice swap would be the early JDM EJ20 - it was 150 HP with no turbo.

GD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users