Ultimate Subaru Message Board

att. all Colorado subaru fans!!!

Not really any titling laws or lift restrictions that I am aware of.Just as long as it doesn't look like it will fall apart if you slam the door too hard!HAHA!:grin:

I just mean it has too look like you aren't holding the front and rear half of the car together with bailing wire,duct tape and gobs of rtv and bondo.:)

I just mean there really isn't much to worry about when it comes to lifted subes in colorado.Or lifted vehicles in general.

You won't have to undergo a safety inspection here.

The Colorado DMV could care less if the doors have fallen off due to rust, as long as the car will pass (Denver's) heinous emissions test.

As far as lift laws, tire clearance, headlight height, etc.; There may be laws on the books (I'm not sure) but the DMV won't ask, and the cops don't care. There are some HARDCORE trail rigs/rock buggies with Co. plates running the streets here.

The only time you might have an issue is if you live here and bought an out of state car, they do a visual VIN verification on the car. If you have some glaringly horrible malady on the vehicle, it might get mentioned. (might not. if the VIN matches, they're happy.)

Hope this helps.

(P.S., I run 3' of lift on my hatch, and my 78 wagon has twin machine guns on it. Cops don't even look twice.)

the picky-ness usually goes by counties.

I'm in larimer, where there is only standard emissions, and during the summer my friends and i take the doors off everything we own and cruise them in fort collins (large town, lots of cops on cruise night). half of our stuff (make that every truck, which probably 3/4 of us own one) is lifted or modified in some way.

Weld county is the same only no emissions, even.

However they run dyno-emissions in aurora and probably other places so they might care more.

Lotsa Colorado Subaru owners out here. As far as I know, the only restrictions are done by county/city, and rarely, if ever enforced.

And you can still pass your emissions test anywhere in colorado regardless of the safety of the vehicle. As long as the smog suckers are happy, you're good. Last time I went to the e-test place, the car in line in front of me had large holes of rust everywhere, and they passed him.

Hey, who wants to form a Colorado Subaru club with me? :lol:

Just for a fact I have been pulled over in "Project Cheap" for a "safety inspection".

I truly think it was just so the cop could check it out, he was a real nice guy for a Golden cop and barely looked at anything mechanical. Then after the chat he took a picture with his cell phone before he let me go :rolleyes: . I do believe we also have a headlight or bumper height law, but as others say it's never enforced.

Hey, who wants to form a Colorado Subaru club with me? :lol:

Been there, tried that, still have the RockyMountainRoo's sign in my office too...ran our own website and everything. Hell I still have an incarnation of the original RockyMountainRoos.net board (minus any posts, users, etc) that I use for testing etc for other websites I build. It's at http://subaru.kacsh.com Jerry and I were really the only people that used rockymountainroos.net when I had it up, had a few more people but not many.

Been there, tried that, still have the RockyMountainRoo's sign in my office too...ran our own website and everything. Hell I still have an incarnation of the original RockyMountainRoos.net board (minus any posts, users, etc) that I use for testing etc for other websites I build. It's at http://subaru.kacsh.com Jerry and I were really the only people that used rockymountainroos.net when I had it up, had a few more people but not many.

Sounds like maybe expected too much, or the wrong things from a group?

A website is a great idea, but forums are a bit too much for a group of even twenty people (if it were ever that high). From past experiences, what works best is a group maililng list. You know, one of those that when someone sends an e-mail to blah@blah, it goes out to everyone on the list. Something like that could easily be setup and it seems to keep more people active in it. Only downside, is with large groups, mailing lists can get very annoying.

I think it could be done if group get-togethers were planned about once a month. We could hold meetings, talk about our cars, talk about cool subaru things, life, etc.

I don't know, just thoughts to think over.

Colorado here....and the only problems I've ever had with my cars beling "legal" is I got pulled over in my civic SI once for too dark tint, and My CRX got thrown off the emissions dyno for being too low....the chassis hit the ground when they droped the dyno down:grin:

Yes, Im a ricer.

I know KBD has got a ticket for no front plate, and hes been hasseled for his XT being low...but when he told the cop it was a special edition...I think that solved that..LOL

Thanks

Erik

awdpirates.net is a colorado subaru club. not too many old skoolers on there, but darn near an rump roast load of people.

I never knew aboy RMR. Sorry.

awdpirates seems geared more towards newer vehicles, and mostly contains Evos and WRXs. I just don't like the feel to it.

I think the big reason RMR "failed" is that we all just posted here instead.

And as for safety inspections, In Virgina (and other states) they do a visual inspection looking for structural / rust / collision damage as well as functionality of all lights, horn etc. before they will register your car.

Colorado has none of that.

Most emissions places hire teenage robots who attach hose A to pipe B and push buttons c thru z on a keyboard. They don't know or care to tell if something isn't up to code.

(Unless it's something like getting high centered on the cement floor...:rolleyes: )

I think the big reason RMR "failed" is that we all just posted here instead.

And as for safety inspections, In Virgina (and other states) they do a visual inspection looking for structural / rust / collision damage as well as functionality of all lights, horn etc. before they will register your car.

Colorado has none of that.

Most emissions places hire teenage robots who attach hose A to pipe B and push buttons c thru z on a keyboard. They don't know or care to tell if something isn't up to code.

(Unless it's something like getting high centered on the cement floor...:rolleyes: )

Exactly, well it didn't really fail just never really existed (though we are all still Rocky Mountain Roo's :-) )...but yea there is too many boards etc that everyone hangs out on..last thing anyone needs is another one which is why I took it down. I could bring it back but we would all just hang out here...more people to chat with. I agree with Mike about awdpirates, been there hung out, just not my kinda atmosphere, USMB is like home and can't be beat in my mind.

And again Eyesore is exactly right underpaid, undertrained emissions people in this state. The emissions guys in Colorado kill cars....that is why I keep my cars registered in Park County=no emissions. There is a rumor though that emissions in Co will be abolished in the next few years :D

i dont just build custom roos, i build other ones....was just wondering. va inpections suck.. i was rejected once because of improper equipment.... i had no carpet in my car, another time for one tire being 175/65 13 and the other 3 were 175/75 13.(i think that was the sizes, really didnt look that much different) but no emmision tests yet