Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheels, please help

new92loyale

I want larger wheels and I noticed that the spare tire for my 92 loyale is 15". Are these wheels as strong as a regular wheel? Can they be used for normal use? I know I would have to junk yard a little bit, but I think it would be worth it.

using a spare as a normal tire....... i would say no... very much so no... like... ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?! :confused:

sorry... just... it's a spare wheel.... i'd say no... and they're so freaking skinny... guess they'd make good snow tires.. but nothing else... eh.. :rolleyes:

using a spare as a normal tire....... i would say no... very much so no... like... ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?! :confused:

sorry... just... it's a spare wheel.... i'd say no... and they're so freaking skinny... guess they'd make good snow tires.. but nothing else... eh.. :rolleyes:

I didn't mean use the tires. I just meant using the wheels to give me more tire options.

i would highly recommend not using the spare tire wheels (I.E. space saver spare) they wheels and tires are a temporary use item only to get you to the nearest facility to get your normal tire fixed that is why they are mark with a " T". they wheels are very light weight (flimsey) as in not for everyday driving and are not for highway usage, they will not hold up.

this question has been brought up before on an earlier post, you can do a search if you want

ok well, its very debatable.

you CAN use those rims and they will work ok for tires such as super swampers because they are generally a very narrow mud tire. Anyways they are steel so they will bend, and if you offroad you WILL bend the isht out of these rims. I considered it, but its better just to take your hubs into the machine shop and have them drilled, or do a 5 lug swap or whatever you have money for.

I want larger wheels and I noticed that the spare tire for my 92 loyale is 15". Are these wheels as strong as a regular wheel? Can they be used for normal use? I know I would have to junk yard a little bit, but I think it would be worth it.

Best thing to do with temporary tires/wheels is replace them ASAP with real ones from the JY. I would never have one of these space-saver tires in my car. The piece of mind alone, especially on a long trip, is worth it.

Best thing to do with temporary tires/wheels is replace them ASAP with real ones from the JY. I would never have one of these space-saver tires in my car. The piece of mind alone, especially on a long trip, is worth it.

yes, i do agree with you, i have also replaced mine with regular tires and wheels to match on my all stock vehicles. those space savers are no good for anything.