Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is anyone running a holley 4bbl??

Just courius. Im sure somone is because i know that everyone on here is a little crazy and has treid abotu every setup anyone could think of. I was just wonder if somone did use a small holley 4bbl what adapters would you run to get from that Big Holley to the little tiny hitachi port size. Also has anyone run a small holley with on Off Road kit on it?

Search my brothers !!! search!!!:banana:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48262&highlight=holley

It is a little big for my taste

Holley actualy makes a 4bbl for small motors it is a 390 cfm

They have one that is supposed to be easier to tune for small motors but I cant seem to find the part number off the bat

this is one of the

http://www.holley.com/0-8007.asp

okay, if you check the link "7.62" gave you, I have put the pictures back out there so they show up.

it's a holley 600 cfm, with vacuum secondaries. I used a standard 2bbl->4bb adapter, and had to slot the 2bbl mount slots a bit narrower to fit the weber bolt pattern, and I used a regular ea81 hitachi to weber adapter with it... and some spacers I believe.

the idle is controlled by the secondary throttle plate, so I had to adjust it a bit to even get it to idle around 1000 rpms. otherwise, it was at about 1500 :)

it was great at WCSS7, in the gravel pit. it loves high revs.

I have since switched back to a weber, as the holley was zero fun to drive around town because it wasn't really happy until about 2500 rpms, and it made town driving really unpleasant...

I did take it on a 2 day trail ride, and for the times when I could rev it high, it was great, but for the most part, if you are doing twisty slow going trails, you have to keep it revved all the time. it also had lots more issues with the severe angles. quit on me lots. since I switched back to the weber, no angle problems any more....

it was a fun experiment though...

I still have it (w/o air filter assembly) and the adapter....