Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Don't quote me on it, but I imagine so.

If you want to build a serious car out of it, may I suggest going with a EJ22T or a JDM EJ20T. The initial outlay will be greator, but making HP will be cheaper in the long run.

The EJ22T is possibly the most solid base to start from, with a closed deck block and a bottom end good to about 350 hp. A turbo an a few other goodies would get you there.

Probably the most economical route would be with the EJ20T. 280hp is easily reachable on the stock turbo. By my calculations, I could do it in my Legacy for less than $2500. Such an undertaking is not for the meek, though. Major supporting components such as fuel pump, clutch, crossmember, computer, possibly radiator, and of course, the addition of an intercooler need to be considered.

If I had the dough, I would do it in a second. But school comes first.:boohoo: Also, since I value my life, congruent upgrades to the suspension and brakes would be in order.:slobber:

I would love to to put a turbo yupinit, but all I have laying around is a straight 2.2. I recently acquired a baby three months ago...that sucker is not cheap...but I am still going to keep him. So, with that in mind, I need to go the cheapest route possible...so I figure 2.2 with air and exhaust mods.

Josh!

Hey Emily, long time no speak!

That is what I needed to know. I will probably leave it in the Legacy for now and pull the radiator out of the Impreza so I have a 4WD for snow season:brow: ....then when the snow melts, I will put the EJ2.2 and the radiator back in the Impreza!....I am going to blow away the RX:banana: !!!! Look out Myoss Feece!

Josh!