I have reported a while ago in http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=30204 about my problems. The issue was gone in winter (once in a month or even less) but it came back in spring. Let me summarize
- 1995 Legacy L AT
- after I've changed transmission and diff oils to break the binding I started mentioning occasional halts and dropped RPMs: if RPMs are low (idling) then it would simply halt, if RPMs are high (driving), they would drop for 1-2 sec (so car starts to slow down) and then come back normal
- some times after stall AT light is blinking to signal the problem. TCU reports codes 22 and 23 -- MAF signal and speed sensor signal
- some times (very very rarely, just 1 in 20 stalls or so) CEL lights up, ECU states MAF error code
- my attempts to check wiring didn't lead to any improvement
- the issue was gone during winter and came back heavily during spring -- it would drop RPMs or stall every 5-6 miles in city driving and about 30-40 on highway
- Since MAF code is reported first I did cleaning of MAF sensor with electronics contact cleaner, I believe that didn't do any good. Now I am considering replacing it...
- Yesterday after I've read TCU error codes (the same 22 and 23), and "touched" all vacuum and fuel hoses under the hood, also touched the wiring leading from MAF. also opened/closed air filter compartment --- the problem was gone for this 24 hours although I was driving a lot and usually the problem definetly would have appear at least few times.
What hoses would you recommend? are there ready sets for the models anywhere or I should just stop by at any car store and do it one by one buying more hoses if necessary?
Thank you in advance for ideas