Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ohio...go Buckeyes!!!

JUST CURIOUS..IS ANYONE HERE FROM OHIO (MAINLY...COLUMBUS) I WILL BE DRIVING UP THERE IN SEPT. TO TAKE MY SON TO MOVE IN AS A FRESHMAN TO "THE UNIVERSITY OF OHIO"! I'M REALLY PROUD OF HIM. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THERE WERE ANY SOOBIE MANIACS OUT THERE, SINCE HERE IN TEXAS WE SEEM TO BE LACKING IN THAT DEPT. BY THE WAY IF THERE ARE ANY SOOBIE MANIACS IN THAT AREA OR POINTS IN BETWEEN ARKANSAS, MEMHIS TENN THRU KENTUCKY UP TO OHIO. MAYBE U COULD GIVE ME SOME TIPS AS FAR AS GOOD JUNKYARD, FREEBIES, PARTS GIVE-AWAY FROM OWNERS WHO WANT TO GET RID OF STUFF. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT, THANKS...BAGGYSHORTS:headbang:

if you make it to columbus there are a few junkyards there good for soobs. there is woody's salvage on the north west side but the ol lady behind the desk may be cranky with the prices, but there is always a handfull of ea82 era soobs there

there is also the u-pull it on groveport road that has all the cars up on jacks to get in and around them, categorized by make lined up neatly in rows. there is always a few ea82 soobs there and a few 1st and 2nd gen legacies or imprezaas there. there is a perfect spot to chuck parts over the fence as well.

get with alleyboy in columbus or 86 subaru in anna ohio. they may be down for a yard run. maybe i could make it myself since i go down to ohio to wrench on these guy's soobs.

"THE UNIVERSITY OF OHIO"!

Whoa! Is he headed to OU or OSU? Will he be a Buckeye or a Bobcat? Scarlet and Gray or Green and White? OK, so if you are headed to Columbus and not Athens, then he's headed to THE Ohio State University, not Ohio University.

Congrats! Getting a son to the level of college student is great.:banana:

I'm a grad of Akron U and of Ohio U, but I'm a fan of OSU and a fan of higher education, too.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

I've got my 87 GL-10 4WD Turbo wagon at my Dad's house near Bellefontaine, OH. It's almost back to life, after sitting since around '95 (bought it in '92). I've got to clean out the gas tank and hope that the stuff in the tank didn't kill the fuel pump. Do let me know if you guys go on a junkyard run. I need a few parts for my car, and I don't know the area so well.