Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Brat's new look!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:44 PM

Though not yet complete, I let Austin do one of his rattle can jobs to my car. It looks better....

Posted Image

#2 Ratty2Austin

Ratty2Austin

have tools, will fix

• Members
  • 2,385 posts
  • West Coast USA

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:38 AM

yep... my painting skillz hard at work once again :brow: :lol:

we did the speedy version... I think I forgot to wash the car first too.. let me know if paint flakes off soon Carl.. :D

we will go back over it a few times to catch all the rough parts.. but for now at least its one color!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Matt spraying away!
Posted Image
yes, i know.. we ran out of paint.. so we will get the spots we missed later :rolleyes:
Posted Image
pretty good for a 2.5 hour paint job
Posted Image

#3 daeron

daeron

Cunning Linguist

• Members
  • 3,600 posts
  • West Palm Beach

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:28 AM

are those subaru wheels on that? they look an awful lot like a type of facoty mag that came on first gen RX7s that had the word mazda written on one of the "spokes"..

also, thats what I call a "50/50 job".. meaning it looks good from fifty feet away, at fifty miles an hour, and/or both.

please dont take offense, i own two vehicles IN NEED of 50/50 jobs.. im just calling it how i see it. my soob has huge-O rust holes at the bottom corners of the rear windshield (sedan) We are talking, reach down into the trunk and wave at people through the empty speaker hole, rust holes.....i have GOT to get some pics of this car, its a GAS in one sense, but a bloody shame cuz theres too much rust to fixit. its not just there. its everywhere. trunk, pillar rails, windshield, fenders, driver door, maybe other doors (how often do i see them, and it took me till the other day to notice the rust on my door..) and so on...

#4 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:25 AM

Yeah, it's far from complete though, I'm hoping with some wet sanding, a couple more coats... and some clear coats. it'll look a bit better.

Thoes are subaru stock rims. the center caps all say subaru on them.:D

#5 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:13 AM

are those subaru wheels on that? they look an awful lot like a type of facoty mag that came on first gen RX7s that had the word mazda written on one of the "spokes"..

Those are stock alloy wheels; check the wheels section in Subarus of the '80's; I think they are vintage '83 or thereabouts.

#6 Durania

Durania

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,113 posts
  • Crossville, TN

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:30 AM

I agree its certainly better than nothing. Just get you some of those brat decals and you will be set.

#7 daeron

daeron

Cunning Linguist

• Members
  • 3,600 posts
  • West Palm Beach

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:50 AM

oh yah, i like it... its a matter of saving alot of money on paint, doing all the same level of work, and ending up with what looks good at first, and has somewhat less longevity than a "good" paintjob.. at a MINISCULE fraction of the cost :lol:

once upon a time i took a Zcar hood and bondo'd and patched and sanded and primed and sanded and primed and took it from "good" to "damn near perfect" and rattlecanned it.. and that thing looked SWEET until it got :dead: when i lowspeed rearended a lady i thought had pulled out from in front of me...

i mean she had NO reason not to go, I had no reason not to go, the guy BEHIND me had no reason not to go.. i was watching traffic and feathered my clutch into her...... :mad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users