Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Brat's new look!

yep... my painting skillz hard at work once again :brow::lol:

we did the speedy version... I think I forgot to wash the car first too.. let me know if paint flakes off soon Carl.. :D

we will go back over it a few times to catch all the rough parts.. but for now at least its one color!

89591905-M.jpg

89592034-M.jpg

Matt spraying away!

89592005-M.jpg

yes, i know.. we ran out of paint.. so we will get the spots we missed later :rolleyes:

89592069-M.jpg

pretty good for a 2.5 hour paint job

89592104-M.jpg

are those subaru wheels on that? they look an awful lot like a type of facoty mag that came on first gen RX7s that had the word mazda written on one of the "spokes"..

also, thats what I call a "50/50 job".. meaning it looks good from fifty feet away, at fifty miles an hour, and/or both.

please dont take offense, i own two vehicles IN NEED of 50/50 jobs.. im just calling it how i see it. my soob has huge-O rust holes at the bottom corners of the rear windshield (sedan) We are talking, reach down into the trunk and wave at people through the empty speaker hole, rust holes.....i have GOT to get some pics of this car, its a GAS in one sense, but a bloody shame cuz theres too much rust to fixit. its not just there. its everywhere. trunk, pillar rails, windshield, fenders, driver door, maybe other doors (how often do i see them, and it took me till the other day to notice the rust on my door..) and so on...

are those subaru wheels on that? they look an awful lot like a type of facoty mag that came on first gen RX7s that had the word mazda written on one of the "spokes"..

Those are stock alloy wheels; check the wheels section in Subarus of the '80's; I think they are vintage '83 or thereabouts.

oh yah, i like it... its a matter of saving alot of money on paint, doing all the same level of work, and ending up with what looks good at first, and has somewhat less longevity than a "good" paintjob.. at a MINISCULE fraction of the cost :lol:

once upon a time i took a Zcar hood and bondo'd and patched and sanded and primed and sanded and primed and took it from "good" to "damn near perfect" and rattlecanned it.. and that thing looked SWEET until it got :dead: when i lowspeed rearended a lady i thought had pulled out from in front of me...

i mean she had NO reason not to go, I had no reason not to go, the guy BEHIND me had no reason not to go.. i was watching traffic and feathered my clutch into her...... :mad: