Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Installing back window 92 loyale?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimbo

jimbo

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • eagle county

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:56 PM

I put a piece of wood through my back window on my 92 loyale wagon, I found a new piece of glass for $50, but I am having trouble figuring out how to put it in, it is the type with a rubber gasket type thing around the window. Is it possible to do it myself, I tried for an hour or so this afternoon, but can't get, or should I pay to have it put in.

#2 azsubaru

azsubaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Phoenix, AZ

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:14 PM

I paid to have this done several years ago. I'm not sure I can explain this very well, but I watched it done, and here's how he did it:

The guy first put a piece of thin rope into the rubber gasket slot and ran it all the way around with both ends sticking out a couple ft. then he put the glass into the gasket, right over the string.

Then he put the glass/gasket in position on the car from the outside as best he could, with the string ends sticking out inside. Finally, he pulled the string inward, and as it came out, it ran around the gasket, the rubber gasket pulled itself over the lip, and presto, the glass was in. He made it at least look easy.

#3 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,985 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:41 AM

well, I'm not sure how to replace just the glass. but I put a lawn mower handle through the back window of my old '85 GL Wagon. I got a whole new hatch from the local Junkyard off a Loyale. pretty easy swap. and it's way easier than making sure the gasket seals, and the defroster still works, etc.

That's how I did it, worked great....Good Luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users