Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 sedan with some problems

ok the blower motor wont turn on, its been replaced and still nothing.

Check fuses, and the resistor block in the duct next to the fan.

i pluged in a single wire to another wire and a light on the dash lit up [EGR] ??? i dont get it.

That's normal. The EGR light comes on every 60,000 miles via a timer in the speedometer. You plug/unplug that wire combination to make it go away after you have "checked" the operation of the EGR system :rolleyes:

last one, is the heater control unit supposed to make a air release noise when you push buttons? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes, the flapper valves are vacuum operated. The air noise you hear is the vacuum actuators.

GD

k i gotta check the resistor block in the duct. 'fuses are good' i damn near pulled out all the wires lookin for disconnected wires. (nothing)

Check fuses, and the resistor block in the duct next to the fan.

its one yellow wire in back of the fuse cluster. and yea im gonna check the egr:rolleyes: i gotta ask to get more then one soultion. i would like to leave thiings connected.:)

That's normal. The EGR light comes on every 60,000 miles via a timer in the speedometer. You plug/unplug that wire combination to make it go away after you have "checked" the operation of the EGR system :rolleyes:

k just making sure.:)

Yes, the flapper valves are vacuum operated. The air noise you hear is the vacuum actuators.

GD