Ultimate Subaru Message Board

the cargo cover and new steering

1maBrat

Ok so here's a better look at the cargo cover I'm doing on the Brat. Also am putting in the column from my XT6 (no tilt as removing that feature, just telescopic), and yes all the buttons will be operational. Just not for all the original things on it. :burnout:

The cover is my own project from scratch having worked in fibre glassing for many years. Very easy project for any one to challenge. Just need an old sheet, some resin and go hard. :banana: Complete write up on Brat to follow project with all photo's. Am putting a window in the cover to veiw back in the shape of the new Subaru emblem.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=13629&cat=728

Lots more XT6 parts to add, everything done so far is done without cutting or welding, except the fender wells and frame rails.

What do you think ??

Thanks

1maBrat

Dale:banana:

To some it looks like a mess, to others its a sign of progress. Mine is a mess (progress on hold).

Very cool, Is the top removable?

What parts from the XT6 are on the brat?

Yes the top will be removable as the roll bars need to go back in while in 4 x 4 mode. Also the steering column is XT6, the fin on the back is XT6 as well as the front suspension is XT6.

Motor is XT6, 2.7 ltr, matched to an 87 5 spd d/r

XT pressure plate and fly wheel.

And yep the garage is always a mess in progress, but couldn't find any thing if it wasn't :lol:

Thanks for all the comments and glad some think its cool.

1maBrat

Dale