Ultimate Subaru Message Board

That helps to a point. Thanks.

At least now i know which ones illumunate the gauges.

Here is my problem. I ahve the JDM oil temp/oil press/volt gague set. They do plug in, but the oil ones dont work. I have the factory harness and sesnors

There is a mystery black box behind the gauges, which i have no idea what its purpose in life is. It has a chip in it and some sort of power transistor thingy (I can take pics of this if it helps). It is a factory peice, maybe an inch long.

Also on the harness is a wire with a blue connector cover (blade terminal male). It is factory, but I dont know if thats a power or a ground.

I am wondering if i can just bypass the black box, as it seems to have only three goes going to it.

Any ideas?

So why exactly are you looking for instructions for H5010FE056? I would expect it to me some fairly recent WRX STI gauge pod, similar to the one I posted a link for. I tought you bought some 1998 wrx sti one.

I'll try to hit a couple of guys on russian forums, who might have more info, since a lot of old Japanese cars are making it to Russia :)

Well subaru being subaru, and they rarely change things, i was oping that would give me a clue. On the ebay pictures i saw the same colors and same mystery wire on the harness.

I was hoping it would help.

nipper