Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rieter Pit Run, WA, January 3rd 2004 **Updated**

"Nervous" or stoked and raring to go? Counting the minutes sounds more like stoked.

I'm plenty stoked myself but it's looking more and more like I won't be able to go (expletive deleted.) But my car is ready so if I can make an escape you bet I'll be there.

I've been wondering how much snow is on the ground out there but couldn't find any info about Goldbar. The closest live webcam and weather info I could find is for Baring. That's a bit east and probably 500 feet or so higher in elevation but should give a decent indication of what things are like.

http://www.skycabins.com/currentweather.htm

Uggg... I woke up this morning with a nasty cough and to snow covering my porch and up to my bumper in snow and ice....

I'm REALLY bummed .. and a little upset too.. but its not worth riskin the ice and walking to find someone to dig me out and catching pnemonia at the same time.... Little sad... what can i say though? send pics...

I'm officially no-can-go and very bummed.

If the weather happens this time it may get interesting up there. Hope everybody goes prepared and no major breakage happens. The propane heater etc might be good to bring just in case. Hope ya'll have fun!

It wasn't that bad. We ended up outside of Index. Couple feet of snow and a complete blast. Almost lost one over the edge on a corner. Had to dig a couple out of snow holes. Snowed most of the time while we were there.

Funny thing is is that it took me 6 hours to get home from Reiter pit. They closed 410 east for about 5 hours due to ice and an over-abundance of stalled and stuck cars on the hill. I ended up going around which was lots of fun with a 2wd 3/4 ton Suburban and a trailer behind it. I came home to 4 more inches of snow yesterday. That gives us a total of about 8+". Can't even imagine what Monday's storm will bring. I haven't seen this much snow around here since '91's inaugural day storm.