Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nevermind... Impromptu 4th of July Subaru meet (Won't Work. It's packed down there)

Here's a last minute idea for some 4th of July fun:

I'm going to watch the Elliott Bay fireworks from West Seattle.

Anyone want to bring their Subarus and join me?

Here's a map to where I'll be:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&hl=en&msa=0&z=19&msid=105754584210052957450.000434775059cb2396a93

It's going to be crowded, so I'm going to try to get there by 8:00 at the latest. The fireworks start at 10:00

I'll be driving my Xt6, and I'm going to post this at USMB, XT6.net, NASIOC.

Feel free to re-post it at any Subaru groups, etc.

I don't expect a huge turnout, given the last minute notice, but having a few people show up would still be fun.

Edited to add: So much for posting it to NASIOC. I finally figured out where to post it over there, then it wouldn't let me post because I don't have enough "legitimate replies" on their board. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I told the wife I'd take one for the team so she and her Mom, who's here from Japan, could go watch the fireworks.

I'll be home babysitting a 2 1/2 year old who's got a bit of a fever and cold. . . :-\

We've got some that we'll set off in the lot accross the street.

Happy 4th just the same.

HAHAHHAHH.....i am down there every a.m. like this a.m. at 530am i was drinking my coffee and feeding the friggin Gulls...:eek: ......i live about a mile from there :banana: :banana: :banana:

sorry to pop your bubble but the entire Harbor ave has been packed with cars and RV's for the last 2 days....the parking lot is TOAST....the only way your going to get there is by FOOT....

Spark

That bad, huh? I've been down there for the fireworks before and had to walk, but I've always gotten there just before the show. I didn't realize it got packed that early.

Oh well. Nevermind.

its ELBOWS TO A>>>>H>>>> down there....

nice try tho:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm probably still going down there to take pictures of the fireworks. I'll just park and walk.

I still think it would be fun to have an impromptu meet down there on some regular Sunday.

note; i just got back from there....1/2 hr ago

if you want to walk 1 or 1 -1/2 miles yea but don't expect to park on the strip.....i came home....sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh it's a Cluster Big Time....

When I tried to head toward Alki from West Marginal, the cops had it totally blocked off, so I headed up the hill, saw another XT and followed it onto the West Seattle Bridge.

I ended up on the downtown waterfront. Believe it or not, it was much more sane there! I spent $3 to park by the Pike Place Market. It was easy to get in, easy to get out, and there was lots of room to watch the fireworks and take pictures from a pier.

Now we just have to figure out when would be a good time for a bunch of Subaru nuts to meet down there! :D