Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

custom axles

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bratsrus1

bratsrus1

Race car

• Members
  • 1,290 posts
  • Selah Washington

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:15 PM

Hey Everybody This is Jerry,i got my custom axles today. They are the Ea81 hatch back axles with the 25 splines just right for a turbo 5 speed tranny. I live in Selah Washington and cvaxles.com are in Florida they cost 105 a each without core exchange. The total cost to my door was 234.00 not bad for 2 new axles. The part # is oocvo-oooo custom axle i will be odering at least 4 more of these puppies. Thanks Jerry

#2 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:38 PM

so you're putting a turbo 5 speed in an EA-81? I'm looking at doing this with the RX tranny in my hatchback would one of your kits help me any?

#3 bratsrus1

bratsrus1

Race car

• Members
  • 1,290 posts
  • Selah Washington

Posted 19 December 2003 - 11:18 PM

Hi JWX This is Jerry, i have a 86 hatch back with the EA81 engine and i am installing a 86 RX 5 speed dual range tranny in it. Yes i am useing my 5 speed kit and the drive line has already been lenghten. I am building a super cruiser to go back and forth to work i put 500 miles a week. I will let everybody know how it works out. Thanks Jerry

#4 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 19 December 2003 - 11:44 PM

so your not using the FT4WD one? cool and keep us updated

#5 Early Rider Steve

Early Rider Steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Bullhead City, Arizona

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

Hi Jerry:

I am installing a D/R 5 speed in place of an AT3 in my 84 wagon, and found this post from 2003 doing a web search for custom axles. How did those axles from cvaxles.com work out as I would order a pair if all was ok. Do you make a transmount for this swap?

Thank you, Steve

#6 skishop69

skishop69

If it ain't broke, you're not trying.

• Members
  • 916 posts
  • Puyallup

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

If you are installing a non turbo tranny , you don't need custom axles. The stock manual axles will fit. I don't know if the auto axles are the same.

#7 Early Rider Steve

Early Rider Steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Bullhead City, Arizona

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:31 PM

The 1984 automatic turbo axles are 23 spline, the 1986 turbo D/R 5 speed is 25 spline. Thank you for your reply skishop69

#8 Early Rider Steve

Early Rider Steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Bullhead City, Arizona

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

Has anybody ever ordered or used these axles?

#9 bratsrus1

bratsrus1

Race car

• Members
  • 1,290 posts
  • Selah Washington

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:28 AM

Hi This is Jerry,  the guy that made my axles is in Colarado his name is Marshall. Get a hold of Shawn Watson he can let you know the complete details on this guy. Thanks Jerry

#10 Early Rider Steve

Early Rider Steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Bullhead City, Arizona

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:06 PM

Thank you.

#11 Dinky26

Dinky26

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • Wichita KS

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:38 PM

For the standard OEM axles I suggest the World Pack Brand. I have heard many good things about them. I got one earlier this year, Have yet to try my axle though. Cause I had a boot blow out on me and the bearings were a bit worn, in the mean time I went ahead and rebooted the old one while waiting for the World Pack to come in, it has yet to fail me for the past 3 K miles anyway.

Edited by Dinky26, 08 October 2014 - 03:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users