Ultimate Subaru Message Board

kickin around ideas for a auto to 5-speed swap..

well my old wagon is a turbo... even though i know it would bolt up, i'd have to go buy 2 turbo axles, and both front wheel bearings.. i swapped all this stuff into the RX..

that'd be more money than what i have to spend this x-mas..

the free DL will have all the parts i need, so i prolly won't have to buy anything but a clutch.. and that would just be for good measure.. if the one outa the DL looks good i might skip that part and reuse the old one as well..

It's eazy!(and I hate long swap projects) But do your self a favor, take out the driver seat when U go to put the pedal box in:rolleyes: I didn't , and I don't think I would be closterfobic now if I had:-p It's all a bolt in, just that the pedals are the hardest part;)

drop, or remove the steering column.. I undid the bolts that hold it up, that gave a few inches of play to wiggle the pedal box out.

and when installing the pedal box, I found that is was extremely helpful to have someone standing over me spotting hangups that can't be seen while upsidedown and backwards under the dash..

make sure you have a spring to use for the clutch return if you aren't installing the hillholder assembly.

heh ok, here it is..

86' 2wd GL-10 turbo 5-speed wagon (parts car)

88' 2wd DL 5-speed (parts car)

88' 2wd GL auto (soon to be converted)

am going to strip both of my parts cars and have them gone in a couple weeks..

the 5-speed trans and pedal box is going from the DL to the GL.

The turbo wagon is gettin the snot stripped out of it then off to the scrapper it goes..

that explain it a little better Trogdor? hehe :D