Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

*Subaru* Part number for EA82 180-degree thermostat?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 thecarman

thecarman

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Apex, NC

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

I just called 1stsubaruparts.com trying to get a 180 degree t-stat, and they did not have a listing for it (or couldn't find it). Going to order it along with my new PCV valve and oil cap.

Does anyone have the part number for this cooler t-stat vs. the stock temp?

*Not* trying to get into the debate about whether to use Subaru part vs. aftermarket. :horse:

Is there even a 180-degree part available?

Thanks!
Richard

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:44 PM

Not from the dealer. You will have to use an aftermarket unit for anything cooler than the stock 192.

I can't fathom why you would want a cooler thermostat though. If you are running hot, it's either a problem with your cooling system, or your guage is reading wrong. Fix it right - don't band-aid it with cooler thermostat's and cause even more problems for yourself.

GD

#3 thecarman

thecarman

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Apex, NC

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:15 PM

Gotcha. It's not running hot now (on stock digi-dash gauge). Was just going to replace the t-stat as preventative maintenance, and figured I'd stick in the cooler one since all I'll do with this car is RallyX, no street driving.

But I'll stick with the one I've got for now. Will be putting in aftermarket gauges in the next few weeks, so will see what temp it's running at then.

Thanks!

#4 Subieguy

Subieguy

Subaru on the brain!

• Members
  • 889 posts
  • Paso Robles, California

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:53 PM

Part number is 21200AA120. That is a 180 thermostat. It is the correct part for a EA-82 engine. It is what is available in the 85 GL-10 I just got rid of. That is straight from the 85 parts catalog. Also was the correct thermostat for my 84 Brat with a EA-81.
Richard

#5 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,295 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:25 AM

1985 GM small block chevy 350. 54mm

#6 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 8,810 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:22 AM

1985 GM small block chevy 350. 54mm

That's not a *SUBARU* T-stat.

Trust us on this. Get an OEM thermostat.

If you want better cooling get a dual core radiator. Or mount an extra heater core and fan in front of the engine bay as an *auxillary* unit.

#7 thecarman

thecarman

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Apex, NC

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

Part number is 21200AA120. That is a 180 thermostat. It is the correct part for a EA-82 engine. It is what is available in the 85 GL-10 I just got rid of. That is straight from the 85 parts catalog. Also was the correct thermostat for my 84 Brat with a EA-81.
Richard

Just so folks know, Part number is 21200AA120 is NOT a 180 degree thermostat. I ordered one from 1stsubaruparts.com and it is marked 88 degrees C, which converts to 190.4 degrees F.

Not a big deal to me, since I was ordering other parts anyway and it only added $10.76 to the order, and I'll save it as a spare, but just wanted to let others know.

#8 discopotato03

discopotato03

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • Sydney Australia

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:14 PM

Thermoststs for Nissan L Series engines ie L16 L18 L20B L24/26/28 fit and work as well .

A .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users