Ultimate Subaru Message Board

soobies revenge

Don't know what I did to my 88GL wagon but it must have been bad. Had to make a DR. run and when i started er up woukdn't run under 3k rpm. I shut it down and no start. Pulled codes and got the usual 34 and a crank angle sensor error. I pulled the distributer and found it full of water??? Put spare on and tried to start. Backfire etc. Checked timing and belts no problem found.

Had already rplaced scr switch and coil. Wires and plugs new. I pulled hose from fuel filter to check for blockage and no fuel. stuck gauge on it and no pressure. Could hear pump running. Got under and pulled hose from tank to pump, lots of fuel. Fuel down arm etc. Started removing pump which must have been on there since new. Twisted off mounting bolts (not even pb blaster loosened) Used hot wrench to pull stubs. Put on pump from old DL and hit starter. Fired right up.Took me a week or so to find and fix. Every time I went out it would rain. This is getting as bad as you guys in the northwest.

1/2 inch early this morning. Possible ever day this week. YUK

Don't know what I did to my 88GL wagon but it must have been bad. Had to make a DR. run and when i started er up woukdn't run under 3k rpm. I shut it down and no start. Pulled codes and got the usual 34 and a crank angle sensor error. I pulled the distributer and found it full of water??? Put spare on and tried to start. Backfire etc. Checked timing and belts no problem found.

Had already rplaced scr switch and coil. Wires and plugs new. I pulled hose from fuel filter to check for blockage and no fuel. stuck gauge on it and no pressure. Could hear pump running. Got under and pulled hose from tank to pump, lots of fuel. Fuel down arm etc. Started removing pump which must have been on there since new. Twisted off mounting bolts (not even pb blaster loosened) Used hot wrench to pull stubs. Put on pump from old DL and hit starter. Fired right up.Took me a week or so to find and fix. Every time I went out it would rain. This is getting as bad as you guys in the northwest.

1/2 inch early this morning. Possible ever day this week. YUK

Noooo, we are still getting SNOW :-\

We are getting tired of Winter, its supposed to be Spring :mad: