Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Blew Front tran seal!!! What to do Now

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gotsubarus

gotsubarus

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Canton, NC

Posted 10 January 2004 - 09:07 PM

Ok guys i got a 90 legacy FWD with 180K on it. Front trany seal started pouring fluid out. I dropped it out today and removed the torque converter looked at tranny and no seal in it.... It was still on ther end of the torque converter...

So did the tranny build preasure and blow the seal out ?? or could it be the age? I couldnt tell if it was leaking around the seal or through it!

Has anyone else had this problem befor? If i put another seal in it and flush tranny what do you think will happen??

any suggestions are welcome!

#2 gotsubarus

gotsubarus

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Canton, NC

Posted 11 January 2004 - 04:39 PM

Anyone familiar with the breather tube on the top? I tired to blow threw it and couldnt... then i tried to vacume threw it and couldnt suck threw it....

I am asuming that something is clogged up. I have another tanny out that i can suck or blow threw. So any ideas on what to do next?

#3 THE SUBARU BRO

THE SUBARU BRO

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:04 AM

Hey Im having the same problem iv changed the front diff with a good seal in it but it was blown out again 3 times this has happened..if you find anything out on this problem please let me know:mad:

#4 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,058 posts
  • WV

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:09 AM

that's a vent tube and is probably meant for releasing pressure, good job checking and noticing that. not sure what to do about it.

otherwise you should be able to reinstall the seal and be fine if you can figure out the vent issue.

make sure the torque converter is seated all the way before bolting it back to the engine. search on some other threads for detailed info, the last 1/4 inch is hard to seat right and easy to not notice before bolting it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users