Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any recommendations for AAA alternative?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 newsooby

newsooby

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Massachusetts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 07:20 PM

Can anyone recommend an alternative to AAA (American Automobile Association). The last time I needed their "services" last winter they couldn't find me!! I was on a primary route between two intersections! :temper:

Well, our family membership is up for renewal and I'm looking for an alternative to these clowns. :wave:

We live in Massachusetts.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

#2 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,036 posts
  • Ponderosa Ranch, Nevada

Posted 12 January 2004 - 07:51 PM

I've been an AAA member since (lets see...) 1973. Overall, excellent service. Gotta realize, that tow driver doesn't work for AAA, but for the tow company/gas station/whatever that AAA called on your behalf to rescue you.

#3 99obw

99obw

this space for rent

• Members
  • 1,595 posts
  • Ithaca area

Posted 12 January 2004 - 11:11 PM

I have been a AAA member only a few years and they saved my butt on a 5*F day when the head gaskets went on the outback and my daughter and wife were in the car stranded on the freeway 10 miles from the nearest town. They even knew to send a slider bed to carry the sick AWD car.

#4 JeffWight

JeffWight

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Beaverton, Oregon

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:45 AM

Check out the RV roadhelp from Allstate. I don't know what they consider an "RV", but I have coverage on my motorcycle, subaru, and suburban.

#5 andyhaussler

andyhaussler

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Fresno, CA

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:51 AM

Try the costco program. It is very reasonable and the service has been great when I needed it. I think it is around 40 bucks a year.

#6 ejlain

ejlain

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Philadelphia, PA

Posted 13 January 2004 - 04:18 PM

Have you called your insurance agent? Most of the big companies have 24 hour roadside assistance coverage for a few more dollars per year. Might be worth looking into.

- Ed

#7 Nug

Nug

Lurker/off-topic poster

• Members
  • 1,966 posts
  • West Point

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:25 PM

I have USAA (you can only get it if you or your parents are/were in the armed forces). I pay $4 every six months per car for towing. I always get it, because every car i have ever owned (except the S-10) has come home at least once on a strecher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users