Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dislodged plastic tubing on passenger side of '08 Forester?

There is a piece of plastic tubing that my friend found on the floor of the passenger side. It looks like it came from under the glove box, connecting two things.. Can anyone possibly tell me what it is/where it goes and is it important? Here are some pictures of the tube:

http://s723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/surf7766/?action=view&current=IMG_0574.jpg

http://s723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/surf7766/?action=view&current=IMG_0576.jpg

Thanks for the help.

A part of the ventilation-heating system for sure.

Probably sending air to the windshield heating-defogging system or to one of the lateral forced air vents.

Put the fan on high, play with the selector buttons and see where there is no air comming out.

A part of the ventilation-heating system for sure.

Probably sending air to the windshield heating-defogging system or to one of the lateral forced air vents.

Put the fan on high, play with the selector buttons and see where there is no air comming out.

Yeah thanks, it seems to be part of the defogging system. Before there was nothing coming out of the vent, and now its working. However, the amount/strength of the air coming out is less on the passenger side than the driver's side. I don't know if that is normal.

There should be no air coming out of the vent this tube was connected to.

I know it takes some contorsionist skills, but you could look under the dash on the driver's side. There is maybe something identical there and it would give you an idea about what the orphan tubing is connected to.