Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Building a hot pre 1976

Subafreek,

Thanks a bunch. Very usefule info. Today I'm going to look at a 1990 Loyale turbo wagon for $400 as a possible donor. Would that be a 1.8 turbo? Only 110 hp? Would it have LSD? He said it has a button to activate 4WD. What does that imply?

Rallyruss,

Sorry but I don't know much about jobs in that industry. I do know we need an auto shop teacher at my school next year. A bachelor's degree in just about anything and some mechanic experience would do it, I think.

Brian

Originally posted by 300td4x4

Subafreek,

Thanks a bunch. Very usefule info. Today I'm going to look at a 1990 Loyale turbo wagon for $400 as a possible donor. Would that be a 1.8 turbo? Only 110 hp? Would it have LSD? He said it has a button to activate 4WD. What does that imply?

yep, would be the (timing belt) 1.8L aka EA82T. i doubt it will have an LSD on it unless somebody put it there, but you can find those all over the place if you look hard enough...they arent that rare.

pushbutton 4WD is single range. its just a 4WD button that is on top of the gear shift, push it to engage, push it again to disengage.

It doesn't sound like it has anything I really need, then.

Thesubafreek,

Would you have a phone number from that guy in Grass Valley? My address is broth@sanjuan.edu. Maybe I'll take a trip to Carson City one of these Saturdays. It's only about 1.25 hours from where I live. Where is the Pick n Pull? Is it near Home Depot?

The PnP in carson city is off of 50 headed away from Tahoe. There are maps at http://www.pickandpull.com

That 90 Loyale will have almost nothing that you need, other than the engine. I wish you woulda been on the board about 2 months ago, i had a 1989 GL10 Turbo Wagon that was rotting here. Had the FT4WD 5spd with center diff lock (AWD with locking center pretty much), EA82T, plush interior... everything but the LSD. Woulda let it go cheap, but the state towed it.

-Brian