Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it wasn't the headgaskets it was the engine. the head cracked and everything in the lower end let loose. the Subaru mechanics said there was antifreeze and oil leaking from everywhere. We decided for $2,500 it was worth them putting a new engine with a warranty in it. We needed another vehicle for my other son anyway. I want to thank everybody for responding. I still have a subaru so we can all still talk.

well it wasn't the headgaskets it was the engine. the head cracked and everything in the lower end let loose. the Subaru mechanics said there was antifreeze and oil leaking from everywhere. We decided for $2,500 it was worth them putting a new engine with a warranty in it. We needed another vehicle for my other son anyway. I want to thank everybody for responding. I still have a subaru so we can all still talk.

Wow. I have never heard of an EJ head cracking!

And what in the bottom end "let loose"?

You should definately request to see the allegedly destroyed engine. Seems weird. Running fine other than coolant loss?

If you could post pictures of the crack in the head that would be SWEET!

We should be getting the car back next week and Ill have more info. When I started to bring it to the garage it had no power at all it sputtered at intersections and of course at red lights which this was the only time I hit every red light LOL.

We only made it about 13 miles before having to refill the radiator, and the next day the Subaru garage couldn't even start it. They had to roll it into the garage and put it on the diagnostic machine.