Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need help

84gl

i swaped a motor in my 84 turbo wagon due to the fact of feul injection problems i was chagning it over to a reguler ea81 but i can't seem to get the motor to have fire with reguler distributor i've even ran a wire form the battery to the+ side of the coil i thougth that would make any thing fire but in this case this must not be true by the cumputer is fried so, i can't use the turbo distrubutor

Well, if you are trying to Plug a Standard Carbed motor into the car that was A turbo Injected Motor, The Computer won't be Doing much.....

there are Several things You need to re-Wire in order for it to run......Also, You will need to invest in a Set of Mechanical Guages......as The Dash will be Mostly Useless.......

Give Me a call if your Able, and I'll try to walk you through the Big ones to get it Running.......:)

Later, John in Oregon....:)

541-729-8490

I think the dash will pretty much be okay if it has an analog dash. The oil pressure readout has nothing to point to though.

Theres huge differences in the wiring and I think you should re-think undoing the turbo setup. If you need a distributor and an ECU that would be a lot easier to get a hold of than re-wiring the car. Both of these items can be re-built and I have a hard time believing you need both of them cuz how do you know you need one without the other working??

Idea: Sell the carb motor to somebody and use the $ to buy used or remanufactured parts for the turbo.