Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new subie

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 reelist

reelist

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

hey guys new here and just got my 96 impreza brighton and am gonna be doing my first upgrades but not sure what to do and also would i be able to add a tach from another subie from the junkyard? plan to add pics when soon

#2 johnceggleston

johnceggleston

Lite Master of the Subaru

• Gold Subscribers
  • 6,402 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:23 AM

hey guys new here and just got my 96 impreza brighton and am gonna be doing my first upgrades but not sure what to do and also would i be able to add a tach from another subie from the junkyard? plan to add pics when soon

welcome aboard, tell us about your car, miles condition, etc.

the wiring should be there so adding the tach should be easy. probably the same as a legacy, but you'll need to check. you can post a 'wanted' add in the classifieds here, someone should have one. it might be a little easier just to replace the whole instrument cluster, but your mileage wouldn't match the the new odometer.

#3 EVOthis

EVOthis

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Kennett Square PA

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

ah yes..there a few excellant threads on adding a tach to the brighton model..do a search i know youll find something...I just replaced the tach head in my legacy and went soley off the instructions on here...ah here we go... http://www.ultimates...t=tach head..as mentioned mileage would be helpful...What kind of upgrades did you have in mind...power upgrades? audio upgrades? etc...

#4 reelist

reelist

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:10 AM

well its got its got 154k interiors in good shape, there are a couple rust spots on the exterior and bone stock. i plan on doing a power upgrade first and then on to some handling. as far as audio i replaced the factory speakers with infinity reference series and it has a pioneer head unit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users