Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got a bunch done on my coupe

I have been busy working on my 87 coupe. Not sure what it's called, some places call it a hatch, some call it a coupe, some places call it a 2 door, some call it 3. It was a $100 car with only 3rd gear and body damage. Since then I have replaced the automatic transmission, replaced a front fender that took me a couple months to find, pretended to know how to use bondo painted the whole car. I have also replaced lights, opened up and resealed both headlights, no more condensation, I have also replaced all the brakes and did a full tune up, flushed and replaced all fluids. I have replaced gauges, speedo cable, and had a windsheild installed with new trim. Here is a pic of it so far. I am thinking about making my self some tube doors.

2-4.jpg

Dude nice job, but we need more pictures. Ill give you alittle help on something. Your wheels are sorta unique for that car. Most if not all subarus like yours came with just regular steel wheels. Those are called the sawblades if im not mistaken and only came on the xts (am i right). You can try to find the center caps for those on here if you like.

directionals i think they are called there are a few different kinds nice coupe here is mine i did the 2.2 swap :) sooo much power for so little car some mods

shaved side markers "big thanks to BILL the (beastidrive)"

dodge ram style grill "also thanks to bill"

2.2 swap from spfi ea82

3.7 5 speed 4x4 from auto 2wd

its an 89

S4300300.jpg

S4300302.jpg

Edited by subaruguru

I found a set of wheels at u-pull-it that I really like. They are the steel wheels with black centers and chrome rings. I live in washington, I need my normal doors too. To bad that you are so far away, there are two coupes in a u-pull-it about 20 miles from me. Also saw an older wagon with round head lights. One of these days I am going to fill in all the lower trip holes, I filled one of the big ones in the pass side, I am just really busy building my Jeep

Edited by 87jewbaru