Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Progress on my 84 Brat today...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 880 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 23 January 2004 - 03:17 AM

Well today, I finally got around to pulling the front grill, drivers side headlight beezle, and fender off so I could fix the bumper mount with a 2x4 and a 20 pound sledge hammer. Well after having no luck getting it to budge, the hammer kept bouncing off of it, I realised the whole mount is held in place by the 3 same bolts that holds the toe hook inplace, thoes 3 bolts go through the body framing sheet metel, the hook, and the bumper mount... ! So, tomarrow on my agenda, is to grab the bumper mounts off of randomizers parts car, along with the hood hinges (yes he knows I'm taking these parts) and swaping them into my brat... hopefully by the end of all this, IT will actually be fully assembled, finally.
Also descovered I have a huge vacume leak someware behind the intake manofold... don't know where exactly yet.. but it's there, I can hear it real well, wich explains the hesitation on the throttle up now. So it'll all be done and working greatly in just a few days ready to be licensed hopefully, Cool huh?:brow: Check out my photo album on page 4 of the ultimate subaru photo archive!
Edit: If anyone knows about the entire vacume systems and whats suposed to hook up to the air filter and what not, please help! I want to know whats important, and whats not, without canobolizing the car so badily that it doesn't pass emissions. Thanks for any advice!

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 23 January 2004 - 05:05 AM

Vacuum routing is very specific to model and year - if you want to get it right, I'm afraid you'll have to find an FSM for that. Mostly you can rip out everything - just make sure you don't have to have an under-hood inspection. Even the AIS can be removed or blocked off. I was just at the emmisions place - without the AIS, cruise HC's were 150 - with it, they were 80. 220 is allowed, and my engine has 130k on it - so I can remove them and still pass.

GD

#3 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 880 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 23 January 2004 - 06:37 AM

yeah no, from what I hear they don't do hood checks, as long as it passes they don't care in Washington. Ummm well it's an 84 brat, but the engine is an 86 hydroluc ea81 and who knows where the intake came from, it has a carter-webber on it. I'm sure would work great, if it didn't have the vacume leak, lol, but yeah I'm gonna start stripping unknown emissions stuff off, Austin wants to help take care of the problem by removing everything that "isn't needed" I just didn't feel like removing things until it worked quite yet. Anyway thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users