Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anybody own one? I'm doing so much driving, I'd like to just get rid of all 3 of my old Soobies and just buy a new one. I'm going to be working 7/12's soon and I just won't have time if anything goes wrong. Impreza's starting to show it's age (I abuse it too much).

The new Imprezas sit too low, but I love the look of the new Foresters. Plenty of room too. Out of all of the newer stuff, I think I'm the most fond of the new Foresters. So I have a few Q's, most of which could probably simply be answered by a test drive but here goes anyway.

How does it handle? They say it handles like a car, but how much like a car? Is the ride quiet? How's acceleration with a 5 speed? I know it's something like 0-60 in 10 secs with the auto (yuk:-\). I saw in a review that it easily beats the EPA estimates on mileage and they averaged something like 30.3?mpg on the highway with an auto. 60 more horses, 8 cubic feet more room, AWD, and it still matches my Imprezas mileage. It sucks filling up every 350 miles:rolleyes: (Imprezas had small tanks). Are there any mantainance items that it wears out faster than normal like brakes? Wind noise? Stuff like that.

And let me know what you were accustomed to driving BEFORE buying the Forester. Obviously if you previously owned a Cadillac, the Subaru will probably be hoarse and rough.

We stopped at Earl Duff Sunday to check out the Foresters. The wife thought about trading the Honda in on a Paprika Red one or a Cammila Red XT. If you decide that you want to get one, let me know and I will go to Earl Duff with you. I am good friends with a coupe salesmen down there. If you change your mind, we can find you a good used WRX.

I want an '09 preferably just because it'd be alot cheaper and essentially the same thing. 5-speed, white or at least a light color. Might go '10 because I'd like to test drive one with nearly no miles and break it in properly :grin:. That way I'll know I won't be burning any oil anytime within 300,000 miles. Going to test drive one today at Grayson just to see how I like it though.

I want an '09 preferably just because it'd be alot cheaper and essentially the same thing. 5-speed, white or at least a light color. Might go '10 because I'd like to test drive one with nearly no miles and break it in properly :grin:. That way I'll know I won't be burning any oil anytime within 300,000 miles. Going to test drive one today at Grayson just to see how I like it though.

Just remember that Grayson will screw you over big time.