Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Used parts houses..

Ok, I am a newbie here. My name is Steve, I have an 85 Brat, and have owned two other 4wd 4dr wagons(82,84) over the past 12+years. I was hoping that I could find a source for used body parts(drivers door), or any other misc. pieces that I may need. I am looking into purchasing another 84 4WD wagon, and who knows what I may need for that. I am very new to computers, but have had a wrench in my hands on many, many different things over the past 23 years.

Perhaps it is a dream that there is a used parts source, one stop shop, but I have to ask, or, is this group lucky enough to have someone who is hoarding a vast collection of runners and parts vehicles? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Steve

Steve:

You are going to have a hard time finding good, rust free OEM bolt-ons in this part of the country. Those older ones especially. I would advise you to choose your project car VERY carefully. Maybe bring one in from the NW as suggested above. You'll be so much more ahead if you start off with a solid car, rather than trying to save a few bucks on a car that's only marginal.

There are some sources of aftermarket fenders and patch panels I know of that cover the EA81 era Subes. Howevy, no one does doors/shells/skins that I know of.

Email me if you need more info on the aftermarket sources.

good luck, John

thealleyboy@yahoo.com

Alright, perhaps some more history is in order. This 85 Brat, is one of a few vehicles that rotate daily driving chores, and hopefully, I will be supplementing it with an 84 wagon that I am going to look at here in an hour. The door does not need to be red, which is what the color of the Brat is, nor does it need to be spotless, as the rest of the vehicle is in tough shape. It runs like a champ, starts all the time, even in this good cold weather we have been blessed with..

I am 33, and have lived in MN all my life. If I ever do leave here, it will be for the Black Hills, or NM, AZ, or southern CO, but I do not see that happening any time soon.

Projects... I have a few lifetimes of those...

Below is a link to some photos of my shop, kind enough to be hosted by a good friend, and some pictures of some wheeling trips to SD and to another friends place here in MN, and of some of my many projects that I am currently involved with.

http://www.mindcrater.com/Galleries.html

Thanks for the help. I am late to go look at that other Subaru!!

Good luck!

-Steve