Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Legacy 3.0R Tire/Wheel Sizes / BIG BRAKES

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flo4Legacy

Flo4Legacy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Germany

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:27 AM

As already stated I ordered a new Legacy 3.0R Station Wagon last saturday. Unforunately the delivery date is first week of May ...

In the meantime I am trying to concentrate on what wheels to get. I asked Subaru of Germany what wheel and tire sizes can be used.

So I received the answer today. No 16" allowed! The baby has to wear at least 17" shoes. The font brakes are too big for 16" wheels. :D

The following sizes are already stated in the car papers for 17":

205/50 17
215/45 17
225/45 17

Hmm, that means I have to throw on 17" even for winter!

Also possible are:

215/45 18 - 7,5x18 wheel
215/40 18

225/35 18 - 8x18 wheel
225/40 18

I am trying to find some aftermarket wheels with 8x18 and putting the 225/40 on it. Hope this will be a good comprimise of looks/handling and riding qualities.

I don't know how this translates to the '05 US Legacy GT, but I guess that it will be the same brake system considering the power.

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,643 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 29 January 2004 - 12:21 PM

Just keep the 17's that are on there.....they're nice factory wheels.

#3 applegump

applegump

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • CH

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:00 PM

Da** it! I can't use my 16" gold impreza alloys :( But on the other hand..... COOOL:brow:

#4 Flo4Legacy

Flo4Legacy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Germany

Posted 29 January 2004 - 04:45 PM

Hmm, the factory wheels are very nice, that's true.

I was looking at the new Legacy during the IAA 03 in Frankfurt. They had one Station wagon with the factory 17" wheels and also one with 18" wheels. I have to admit that the 17" appear a little bit "small" for the car, the 18" look much better also the body of the car seems to be more compact.

You can take a look at the 18" wheels under the following link:
http://www.interpneu...ENBLATT/P32.htm

I am trying to get them elsewhere but Subaru (they want ยค300 for one piece!)

#5 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,643 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 29 January 2004 - 05:24 PM

those do look like nice wheels....see if you can get them elsewhere. My uncle did that for his A6....dealer wanted big money for the bbs's....got them from a shop and saved a good chunk of change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users