Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ D/R Tranny ??s from NZ (I've read MANY recent threads, want newest info)

superu

I spoke to Ian at on the phone a couple of weeks back, he seems legit.

Ian, I've bought an RX trans with the insides renovated. No hi/lo, no difflock but awd with 4.11 diffs so I think I'll run with that for now and see how I like it.

I was given an ea82 box with hi/lo and can confirm it has no centre diff, just fwd/4wd, I think rx is the only ea box with centre diff.

Glad you managed to find something that will work for you.....from memory I think the RX box I was looking at has Hi/Lo ratio.......the XT6 that is at the wreckers is almost only a bare bodyshell now......and a pretty stuffed one at that.......Ian

Glad you managed to find something that will work for you.....from memory I think the RX box I was looking at has Hi/Lo ratio.......the XT6 that is at the wreckers is almost only a bare bodyshell now......and a pretty stuffed one at that.......Ian

Where is that XT6? I didnt know off any left in any wreaking yards in NZ

Yesss , I could do with some XT6 bits in Sydney since NZ is a lot closer than the US .

Always interested if you find any tasty XT6 bits , I really need front axle shafts (bare) and rear disc backing plates as well . Actually the front struts inc brakes would be good if not the air type .

Cheers , Adrian in Oz . Bux waiting .

Kiwi Subie, Otago wreckers have the XT6 but like I said there isn't much left.

Adrian, nope none of those bits left, like I said it is almost a bare shell left and that isn't in very good condition either.....Cheers Ian

Do you know if it has interoir door trim? My one stuffed on my one

General just leave the post alone.. Take your 12k posts and go outside and get some sunlight. I promise it wont hurt you. Its obvious you dont like Kiwi and are leary of the whole deal, so walk away completely and let the guys that are actually interested and trust the guy get the info we want. As for what the tranny's are and what the ratio is. All you need is the serial/part # off the tranny.

Somewhere on one of my computers I have a PDF file of all EJ series transmissions that Subaru made and it shows the ratios, the Diff types, the gearing ETC. I am going to try to dig that chart out tonite ( I hope I still have it) if not maybe someone else around here may have it. It listed out like 50 some different transmissions that were made over the years. I will post back a link to the file *if* I can find it on my computers.

Thanks for your work on all this Kiwi and I assure you there is people that are greatful for you putting some time in it. Not all of us Americans are arrogant *********************s

There are flaws with that chart. the trans in my '96 OBW is not listed. What I mean is, there is A trans listed for a '96 OBW, but the number doesn't match the trans in my car. And further, the ratios listed for a '96 OBW don't give me the rpm they should so I know mine are different.

Thanks for your work on all this Kiwi and I assure you there is people that are greatful for you putting some time in it. Not all of us Americans are arrogant *********************s

Hi, Thanks for that post.......I do know that all Americans aren't arrogant as I have some very good friends that are American and have spent a bit of time in the US on holiday.

• 2 weeks later...