Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for some good wheelin' in Olympia WA

eulogious

Hey all, I am somewhat new to the olympia area, and I really haven't done any wheelin' at all and would like to start. I know that there has to be some good places that are not very far from Olympia, I just have no idea where they are. So I am looking for someone down here who would like to go wheelin' with me some weekend and show me some cool spots in this area. Keep in mind I am a noob when it comes to wheelin' and my car isn't lifted either. It will be, just not right now :grin: I am just trying to get my feet wet in the whole wheelin' thing. Anyone want to help a noob out :) Let me know,

Donald

I can't wait for the snow. For the last few years I have driven a mr2 as my dd so when it snowed it didn't go anywhere, but not now!

I live very close to tumwater, almost Lacey, off of the yelm highway. We should go wheelin' sometime, that way if I get stuck I have someone to pull me out :)

most definately. My boyfriend has an 82 4wd toyota that has a winch so as long as he's around no one's getting stuck. also i have a friend with an xt6 that's always looking for someone to go wheelin with, i'll have to give him a call and we can set something up.

I can't wait for the snow either, i love that my little subi can drive more places in the snow than all these dudes with full size trucks that think they're something else.

:]

most definately. My boyfriend has an 82 4wd toyota that has a winch so as long as he's around no one's getting stuck. also i have a friend with an xt6 that's always looking for someone to go wheelin with, i'll have to give him a call and we can set something up.

I can't wait for the snow either, i love that my little subi can drive more places in the snow than all these dudes with full size trucks that think they're something else.

LOL, ya good times with subis :) I unfortunately have to replace my heater core, so wheeling is out for me until that gets fixed. Hopefully with in the next couple weeks. I will let you know and then maybe we can go wheelin'! I want to get my subi all muddy :)

Last year when it got bad me and some friends drove up a road and trucks were to the left and the right from the ice and we drove up and back down with no chains slid off the road once but drove back on

i came home today and there is an xt6 in my yard!its my friend chris.

he loves to go wheelin.usually with the vw group.if there were more subs

that would be fun.im in tummwater so is chris.now clay too.he has an outback.

LOL that's who i was talking about, my friend with the xt6. Chris calls a lot asking if we want to go up to capitol, as soon as it snows you should come with us... i know there's already snow up on the peak but not so much on the roads...

Not long now!

Last year when it got bad me and some friends drove up a road and trucks were to the left and the right from the ice and we drove up and back down with no chains slid off the road once but drove back on

you gotta love it!

my parents both thought my subaru was a peice of crap and called it a turd (it was brown) but as soon as that snow last year hit, who do you think was driving them around??

They respect my suby a lot more now. lol. :grin:

When is that going down? That does sound like good times! I take it everyone come home with a tree ;) I always go to u-cuts so...

You dont have to get a tree, come and enjoy the snow (hopefully).

Heres the thread(s) and people coming.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=105143

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1875717

As you can see, theres going to be alot of people there.

And there will be lots of other rigs too, not just Soobs.

• 3 weeks later...