Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fuel Pump Problem? and/or Suggestion for Weber

Also, Blu you were debating on the rebuild.I just rebuilt my engine in my dinning room. It's pretty easy. I've never done anything like it before but the Hayne's manual was pretty spot on. I found a place that sells remanned Heads for $150 with a 12 Mo warranty. Cylinder Heads International. They're in Grand Prarie Tx. $20 shipping and no upfront core charge. A gasket set for $160 that was complete except for the EGR gaskets on the heads. I was able to reuse one and just spray-a-gasket on the other. works fine. I was basically able to do a rebuild (keep in mind my cams, pistons and crank were all in great shape) for about $500 including heads. When you take your heads off look between the intake and exhaust for a fine crack (might have to take the valves out and look inside) You'll likely have to do a little scraping too to see it. Chances are they are cracked. I had no idea until I pulled them due to a piece of valve breaking off. She hauls rump roast now!