Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my loss= my gain

So two weeks ago this kid plowed into me doing 35 because he was texting and totalled my 92 4wd loyale with almost 300,000 miles. I was super bummed to say the least.

A few days ago i settled with their insurance and got $2,200 out of it including the salvage fee to keep it and not including pain and suffering money. Totally sweet.

THEN, i found a listing for a 1982 4x4 hi/low wagon that is amazingly clean with only 100,000 miles with not a single spot of rust. I've been wanting one of the older wagons since before i had my liscense. AWESOME.

Going to pick it up saturday, I'll have to post some pictures, can't wait! :]

lol damn kids and their texting! I used to do it all the time cuz I could do it by feel on my old phone, I didn't even have to look at it or anything, but my new phone has a touch screen on the front so it doesn't work that way. So now if someone sends me a message, I can hit send 3 times and it will call them :P

How bad is the Loyale? If it's still driveable, beat the dents out and stick it on craigslist for like $400 or something, you'd be surprised what people will buy that really need a car!

haha. he's so screwed. he's only had his liscence for 4 months and he's getting all 3 tickets to lose it until he's 18. i would feel bad if he hit me going like 15 but the speed limit on the road was 35 and he hit me at 35.

I'm extremely stoked. there's no way this worked out this well but it totally did. when i see him at school i'm going to thank him for the sweet ride he pretty much bought me. ha.

lol damn kids and their texting! I used to do it all the time cuz I could do it by feel on my old phone, I didn't even have to look at it or anything, but my new phone has a touch screen on the front so it doesn't work that way. So now if someone sends me a message, I can hit send 3 times and it will call them :P

How bad is the Loyale? If it's still driveable, beat the dents out and stick it on craigslist for like $400 or something, you'd be surprised what people will buy that really need a car!

yeah its sweet, my boyfriend's brother is buying it for $500 because nothings too bad but the unibody is totally crunched. but he has the exact same car so its a great part car for him. it totally bums me out but i'm too stoked on my new rig to even care.

it totally bums me out....

Like I said - don't sweat the Loyale. I've cut up a few nice examples just out of pure spite. Nice starter car for you, but the EA81 you are getting is a much better Subaru to be in.

You'll want a 5 speed swap and a Weber. Those are going to be your two most pressing needs with it. Jerry (bratsrus1) in Yakima makes a kit to put the 5 speed D/R in the EA81. Nice guy - he'll set you up right.

GD

Weber carb brand new in the box? If so 300 is not a bad deal at all. Thats about 65 dollars less than what you can get em for from redline. Oh and GD is right. The EA81 is such an easy motor to work on and drive. Ive been driving mine daily for 5 years and love it. Only thing i dislike is rust. Stupid new england.