Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The 90 was the 1st year of Legacy and that specific generation ran until 1994. I have heard of other mods using later generations, though you will have to search around the forum for ideas. The exhaust is 2" I believe, and if you are considering a freeflow muffler, I wouldn't bother spending the money on it until you have tuned the engine to the point that the exhaust is holding you back. One of the mods on this forum, Legacy777 had a website with a bunch of mods he has done to his Legacy, I'd look there for some inspiration. Good luck!

yup - exhaust is 2" Outside Diameter (OD)

as for a cheap muffler - well, i just recently threw a Cherry Bomb under mine (the oval style, NOT the glasspack one, altho I have used those on other cars)

it has an offset pipe on one side and centered pipe on the other (according to paperwork it can be mounted in either direction) and fits in the location pretty well (actually smaller than the stock one - had to extend the pipe going in a little). You will need to fab up a hanger if you go with anything other than the stock replacement...

Cost for muffler was about $20.

As already stated - 90-94 for most mechanical bits - body parts are another matter, they made some minor body changes in 92 i think, so be careful of that...