Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Figured out the Hazard Problem

The hot wire from the battery is bad somewhere. Simple solution: I'm running a new hot from the battery to the fuse-box. I previously called a Subaru dealership looking for a directional/hazard module thinking that was the culprit. Allegedly only 3 left in the entire country from Subaru!

This sounds a lot like it might be a bad fusible link. Check it again, try a new one. If the link is sound, and the conductor is bad, then run the new conductor from the link, not directly from the battery. The link is there for overcurrent protection, it is safer to not bypass it.

Where is the fusible link? I went with the simplest approach because I immediately got frustrated with the massive wire bundle and my inability to follow where the wire I needed went. This is the most extensive work I've ever done on a vehicle myself so much of this is all new to me. Thanks for the advice, BTW.

the fusable links are in a little black box the top states something like black, green, red with numbers. if you open it you sound see 4 colored wires. you can test the link by running a wire from one side to the other (do not leave it that way replace the link as it is a fuse)